New study reveals promising findings regarding the ability of Medasense’s NOL monitor to reduce postoperative pain.
Treating Pain is at the Heart of Medicine
Pain is a major clinical, social and economic problem, affecting quality of life for hundreds of millions of people globally and with annual costs exceeding $1T.1,2 Medasense is transforming the way pain is being assessed and treated worldwide.
Through our breakthrough NOL® AI technology and sensor platform, we quantify pain response to optimize care and avoid overmedication. Medasense’s flagship product, PMD-200™, is used in critical care settings, to visualize pain response and personalize treatment. Our pipeline products apply Medasense’s AI capabilities to lead pain prediction, stratification and prevention strategies.
Industry Collaborations and Commercial Partners
Clinical studies have demonstrated the impact that NOL monitoring has on patient safety,3 outcomes and savings,4 including 33% reduction in reported postoperative pain.5
1. Darrell J. Gaskin, Patrick Richard. The Economic Costs of Pain in the United States. The Journal of Pain, 2012; 13 (8): 715 DOI: 10.1016/j.jpain.2012.03.009
2. EuroStat. Eurostat News release. Eurostat. [Online] 3 30, 2017. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/2995521/7962764/1-30032017-AP-EN.pdf/. 52/2017.
3. Meijer, F., Martini, C., Broens, S., Boon, M., Niesters, M., Aarts, L., Olofsen, E., van Velzen, M., Dahan, A. (2019). Nociception-guided versus Standard Care during Remifentanil–Propofol Anesthesia: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Anesthesiology, 130(5), 745-755. doi:10.1097/ALN.0000000000002634
4. Saunders R., Weissbrod R. (2020). Cost benefit of personalizing intraoperative pain management. Presented at ISPOR Virtual Conference, May 2020
5. Meijer, F., Honing, M., Roor, T., Toet, S., Calis, P., Olofsen, E., Martini, C., van Velzen, M., Aarts, L., Niesters, M., Boon, M., Dahan, A. (2020). Reduced postoperative pain using Nociception Level-guided fentanyl dosing during sevoflurane anaesthesia: a randomised controlled trial. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 125(6), 1070-1078.